How To Grow Mushrooms
A simple approach to growing tasty mushies!
Here at Fungi, out team knows that while many of our customers have green thumbs, not everyone has had experience growing mushrooms, and while mushrooms are technically classified as a vegetable, they are not a plant, they are a fungus. This is why in the development of all our tasty products, we've taken a 'Just add water' approach. This is not to say however that your mushrooms will not need a little effort, patience, care and love.
What you will need
- An indoor area out of direct wind and sunlight, preferably off the ground and out of the way of the family pet
- Newspaper to cover the area around your kit
- A spray bottle with some water
Selecting your growing area
- Mushrooms love humidity - find a growing area that can be contained (A bathroom or laundry is perfect!)
- Allow the area some fresh air - Do not grow deep inside a cupboard or pantry
- Find an area where a little mess is OK
Download growing instructions
- White Button / Swiss Brown
- Oyster Mushroom grow bag
- Shiitake Mushroom log
- King Stropharia (Big Bucket of GIANT mushrooms)
Watch Fungi's step by step videos (coming soon)
Check out out Youtube channel...